AECED takes your privacy seriously and treats all financial information about any transaction you have with AECED as highly confidential. In addition, AECED does not share e-mail addresses or phone numbers of any of its donors or constituents.
AECED deeply values all contributions to sustain its mission. To protect the privacy of our donors and their special relationship with AECED, we follow the following policies:
- We may request personal information online, such as name, address, phone number, email address, and credit card number ONLY for the purposes of accepting payments to AECED.
- We will not release or use this information for any other purpose unless we have your consent.
- We do not trade with or sell your personal information to other organisations.
We offer donors the option to be recognised anonymously.
- Donors may request, at any time, to not receive our solicitations.
- Donors may request to not receive certain mailings, such as our newsletter.
- We do not track, collect or distribute personal information entered by those who visit our website.
- Personal data collected through our website is encrypted using 128-bit AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) technology.
Personal information stored in AECED database is protected with a secured login with authentication, assignment of a unique ID to each person with computer access, regular pass code changes, and user IDs are deactivated or terminated as needed.
- Our hosting data server provides data protection meeting PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard), encrypted communication via SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology, intrusion detection for all devices and network nodes, state-of-the-art firewall infrastructure that detects malicious application attacks, virus protection, network load balancing devices via Citrix, and patch management, security and vulnerability monitoring and tracking, and SQL server attack protection via applications to detect SQL Injection and Cross Site Scripting Attacks.
What information we collect
Information from Payment Processors and Other Service Providers: Payment processors allow donors to donate electronically using a payment services account, a credit card, or other payment method. These processors collect certain information from donors, and you should familiarise yourself with their privacy policies to determine their practices.
How we use that information
- Distributing receipts
- Informing participants and members about upcoming events and other activities of AECED
- Internal analysis, such as research and analytics
- Record keeping
- Reporting to applicable government agencies as required by law
- Surveys, metrics, and other analytical purposes
- We use data gathered for payment processors and other service providers only for the purposes described in this policy.
We are committed to protecting participant and member personal information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. Among other things, we undertake a range of security practices, including measures to help secure web access to sensitive data and undertake efforts to address security vulnerabilities for various tools and databases.
We may disclose information when required by law; when needed to protect our rights, privacy, safety, property, donors, or users; and when necessary to enforce our terms of service.
We seek to retain member and participant -related information only as needed to fulfil the purposes described in this policy unless a longer retention period is required by law or regulations.
You have certain rights with respect to the information we collect about you. Upon request, we will tell you what information we hold about you and correct any incorrect information. We will also make reasonable efforts to delete your information if you ask us to do so, unless we are otherwise required to keep it under regulations applicable to us.